Monday, August 17, 2009

MORE new Stuff & who is this new character for my avatar???

If you look at my avatar/photo on the message boards OR here on my blog, you'll notice the picture changed. The last picture was of another character of mine, called "the Slaurian" (you also see him in this blog's logo, hanging out in the middle of the picture), but he acted as more of a place-holder for my current avatar/photo. This character is the face behind the name "Bah'glenn" and is a caricature of myself in a way. I've been meaning to get around to sculpting him, but finally got the time while on vacation this past week. I had a lot of fun sculpting his head & am very pleased with the result. So far though, his body is not 100% done yet, so keep tuning back here to see how his construction is progressing.

Here's a larger picture for you guys to check out as well.



Next up! My cousin is a big fan of sharks so I wanted to make him a little shark guy. It started out just being a head & then I began thinking "hey, why not just make it a body?". Only problem was, I'd already baked then head & never put a peg inside it. SO...I just had to sculpt a torso & attach the head to it with Sculpey. I at least made arms & articulated them, so it's more like a large Battle Beast right now. I didn't get the chance to make his lower half before my vacation ended, so right now he's using a Pheyden pelvis & legs.





Okay, that skull-headed figure on the right of that picture is/was another character I was trying to make. I wanted Rott'n'dekae to have some undead troops, so I was trying to make another skull-headed guy...but it didn't come out exactly right (to ME anyways). Sooo this gave me another idea: What about a character who SURVIVED a direct encounter with Rott'n'dekae?? I took some sculpey, and formed a face around the head, leaving the skull exposed on his right side...forever scarred from his encounter with that skeletal monstrosity.





Those above two pictures are before I baked him in the oven, this picture below is after he was baked & pegged into a home-made torso for this photo:



Still need to make a better body for him. I may or may not give him a custom torso with skeletal damage on it; I'm picturing his right shoulder & ribcage being exposed, so he's literally half alive & half dead. Again, will post more pictures of that as I'm working on it. Expect to see him in an up-coming mini-comic or in some sort of role in the future, probably once I finish making his body.

That's all for right now, I just need to take some pictures of the other stuff I made, so expect them to be up here soonish. :-D

-Bah'glenn

No comments:

Post a Comment